Today we are launching a highly-requested feature for Pusher Beams to deliver secure personal push notification to authenticated users, documentation here.
Your users need specifically tailored and sometimes private notifications. But current notification tools don’t provide a way for developers to securely authenticate a user to send personal information.
To complicate things, apps typically have many users accessing applications across multiple devices — including mobile phones, tablets, and browsers on a desktop or laptops, which means wrangling together user and device IDs.
When a user logs into your app from multiple devices, Beams will associate these devices to the same Authenticated user.
Authenticated Users enables you to:
- Authenticate multiple devices to a set userID with a token from your server.
- Securely send personal notifications to a specific user’s devices, such as payment confirmation.
- Ensure that you reach your user by sending important updates to all of their devices at once.
Now with Authenticated Users, you can confidently send secure personal notifications to a single user, across their devices.
Example notification use cases include:
- Transaction confirmation
- Private message notifications
- Personal meeting scheduling
- Delivery confirmation to a user’s location
For faster debugging and confident delivery, you can now see Authenticated Users events in the Beams Debug Console.
At Pusher, we are constantly working on Beams to provide the best possible developer experience for sending push notifications.
Make your problems heard and email email@example.com to let us know how we can better handle your team’s push notifications.